Looking for something to do? Here are some ideas…
- The West Montgomery Lions Club is having an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast this morning. They’ll be serving until 12:00 noon at the Eldorado Community Building on Hwy. 109.
- Live music tonight in Montgomery County includes Christian rock band Seventh Vessel, starting at 6:00 p.m. at The Cedar on N. Main St. in Troy, and Third Creek Station at 7:30 at the Music Barn on N. Main St. in Mount Gilead.
- Drama students at West Montgomery High School will present an end-of-semester theater showcase Tuesday afternoon. The program features several scenes and monologues, and it will start Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. in the West Montgomery auditorium. The public is welcome.
- FirstHealth will offer a “Family Night” program on Alzheimer’s and dementia with expert nurse Melanie Bunn. It starts Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. in the Monroe Auditorium at Moore Regional Hospital in Pinehurst.
- Mount Gilead Town Commissioners will have their regular monthly meeting Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. at the fire station. The meeting will be rebroadcast Wednesday and Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. on WMTG.
- The Town of Troy shows free family movies outdoors at Blair Park on the third Thursday of each month in the summer. “Madagascar” will be shown Thursday, May 16. Starting time is 8:30 p.m.
- The Montgomery Senior Center will have its monthly prayer breakfast Friday, May 17. It starts at 8:30 a.m., and Rev. Phil McRae of First Baptist Church in Troy will be the guest speaker. Information and reservations available at 910-572-4464.
- The Montgomery County Relay for Life will be Friday night, May 17, in the West Montgomery football stadium. Relay events will start at 6:00 p.m.
- The Moore Philharmonic Orchestra will be in concert with Sophia Pavlenko and Paul Chandley Sun., May 19, at 3:00 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church in Troy. The program is free and open to the public.
See details on these and other events, and add your own from the Community Calendar link on our home page at http://www.wmtg.org, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-9684. The Community Calendar airs at half past the hour Saturdays and Sundays on Community Radio WMTG.