Some local updates from WMTG…
– Mount Gilead Town Commissioners will hold a public hearing this week to receive comments on the town’s proposed budget for the next fiscal year. The meeting is set for Tue., Jun. 18, at 7:00 p.m. at the fire station on E. Allenton St., and citizens can speak to Commissioners at that time. No advance signup is required. Copies of the budget are available for review at Town Hall (910-439-5111). WMTG will cover tomorrow night’s meeting and air a rebroadcast Wednesday at 9:00 p.m.
– The Montgomery County Public Library’s summer children’s programming begins this week. Ron Cromer will bring his “Snakes Alive!” program to Troy Elementary School tomorrow at 10:00 and 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Dan the Animal Man will be at the Biscoe branch library, also at 10:00 and 11:30 a.m. Programs are open to kids of all ages, and more information is available from any branch of the Montgomery County Public Library, or by phone at 910-572-1311.
– The American Red Cross blood drive will be in the county this week. The bloodmobile will be at Biscoe Presbyterian Church Tue., Jun. 18, from 2:30 to 7:00 p.m. Appointments are not necessary, but may be made by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. Tomorrow’s blood drive is sponsored by the Biscoe Busy Bees 4-H Club.
– The Cooperative Extension will have a jelly canning working Tue. evening at 6:00 p.m. at the Star Community Kitchen. Details at 910-576-6011.
– The Montgomery Senior Center will have a seminar on reading and understanding your Medicare summary. The program is Wed. afternoon at 5:30. The Senior Center will also have its monthly prayer breakfast Fri. at 8:30 a.m. Information at 910-572-4464.
Send news and event information through the link at the top of the page.
Listen to Community Radio WMTG at 88.1 FM in and near Mount Gilead, online from our home page at http://www.wmtg.org, and with the TuneIn mobile app for iPhone, Android and other mobile devices.