– A walkathon will be held this morning to benefit the American Heart Association. It will start at 9:00 a.m. at Fitzgerald Park in Candor.
– West Middle School cheerleaders will have a bake sale this morning. They’ll be in front of CVS in Troy from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
– Water aerobics will be available this morning at the Mount Gilead pool. The session will run from 9 to 10 a.m. The pool is now open every day. Wednesday is family night, and water aerobics are available Saturday mornings at 9:00, and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 5:30.
– The Badin Hardaway Powwow continues today. The Grand Entry will be at 12:30 p.m. this afternoon, with Native American dancing and music, plus food and vendors until 10:00 p.m. tonight at the boat landing on Hwy. 740 in Badin.
– There will be Christian acoustic rock music tonight at The Cedar Plantation on N. Main St. in Troy. The center opens Saturdays at 6:00 p.m., and Reckless Mercy will play later this evening.
– Crusher Run Bluegrass Band will be at the Mount Gilead Music Barn on N. Main St. tonight. Showtime is 7:30 p.m.
In the week ahead..
– The Mount Gilead Park Program starts Monday morning.
– A community Vacation Bible School will be held Monday through Thursday, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. each evening, at First Baptist Church, 133 S. Main St., Mount Gilead. It’s co-sponsored by First Baptist, First Presbyterian and First United Methodist Churches.
– The Montgomery County Public Library is hosting kids programs across the county this summer. Monday, it’s “K9 Police Officers” at Biscoe library at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, “The Magic of Autumn Morning Star” will be at the Biscoe library, also at 10:00 a.m.
– The Montgomery Senior Center will host senior games Thursday morning at 9:00 a.m., followed by lunch. More information is available at 910-572-4464.
See details of these and more upcoming events on our Community Calendar. Add your own from “Send News” link on our home page, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-9684.
The community calendar airs at half past the hour Saturdays and Sundays on Community Radio WMTG, at 88.1 FM in Mount Gilead, online from the link on our home page, at with the TuneIn mobile app.