Here are some other items of local interest we’re talking about on the air today…
– The Mount Gilead Art Guild will start its “Art for Kids” day camp one week from today. Guild president Leila Evans says the camp will offer a variety of creative projects and activities for children entering grades three through five next school year. “Art for Kids” will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon each day, with an open house to conclude the final day. The camp is free, and registration will take place at the start, next Mon., July 15, at the Piedmont Center for the Arts on N. Main St. in Mount Gilead. More information is available at 910-439-4715.
– Mount Gilead’s Park Program has resumed after a week off for the Fourth. There are five full weeks of Park Program left before it closes for the season on Aug. 9.
– The Montgomery County Public Library also continues its summer kids series with several activities this week. Among them, Mark Lippard’s Sure-Fire Entertainment at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, and a program called “Everybody’s in the Band” with Billy Jonas, Thursday at 10:00 a.m. Both events will be at the Biscoe library. More information is available at any library branch or by phone at 910-572-1311.
– The Montgomery County Board of Education will have its regular monthly meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. WMTG will be on hand, and we plan to air a delayed rebroadcast of the meeting tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m. We’ll have reports from the meeting and details about the rebroadcast during our updates throughout the day tomorrow.
– The Mount Gilead Town Commissioners will have their July meeting tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. at the fire station. That meeting will be rebroadcast Wed. night at 9:00 p.m. and again Sun. night at 9:00 p.m.
What is your church or non-profit organization doing? Let us help spread the word… Send news and event information from the tab at the top of our web site, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-WMTG (9684).