Here are some items of local interest we’ve been following today on the air at WMTG…
– The 17th annual North Carolina Peach Festival starts tonight in Candor. Details are available in this online story.
– Filing closed today for this fall’s municipal elections. In today’s filings, Tim McAuley added his name to the ballot for reelection to the Mount Gilead Town Commission. In Star, Mark Maynard and incumbents Alice Clemens and Jennifer Fountain filed for three seats on the Town Board. Click here to see the complete list of candidates.
– Montgomery County Commissioners held their regular monthly this past Tuesday, and we’ll also air a full rebroadcast of the regular and work sessions this Sunday at 9:00 p.m. .. It was a relatively short agenda, including a presentation on the proposed realignment of the Piedmont Triad Rural Transportation Planning Organization. In the pre-meeting work session, Commissioners heard from County Manager Matthew Woodard and Health Director Mary Perez on a plan to hire a new doctor for the Health Department. .. We’ll have reports from the meeting in our local broadcast updates Monday and Tuesday of next week.
– The FirstHealth Family Care Center in Biscoe will officially open Monday. The center will be staffed by certified physician assistants Dave Buckland and Christine Cowell, and it will operate from the former Montgomery County Community Health Center location in Biscoe.
– And a Community Radio programming note… Our new program, “G-Money’s Beach Party”, will debut this weekend. The locally-produced show features Carolinas beach music, hosted by Gary Smith of Troy. “G-Money’s Beach Party” can be heard Saturday at 9:00 a.m. and Sunday at 3:00 p.m. on WMTG, at 88.1 FM in and near Mount Gilead, online at wmtg.org, and with the TuneIn mobile app.
What’s your church, school or non-profit organization doing? Let us help spread the word! Send a message from the tab on our home page, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-WMTG (9684),