– McAuley Memorial AME Zion Church in Mount Gilead will host a special evening of worship and a book signing event with Rev. Dr. Eric Leake. Everyone is invited, and it starts at 6 p.m. today at McAuley Memorial Church on Julius Chambers Ave. in Mount Gilead.
– There will be Christian rock music tonight at The Cedar Plantation in Troy. Caleb’s Bridge and Brad Ratledge will go on stage at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m., and everyone is welcome to this family-friendly show at The Cedar, on N. Main St. in Troy.
– Also tonight, Sons of the South will play bluegrass music at the Mount Gilead Music Barn. Showtime is 7:30 p.m.
In the week ahead..
– The Montgomery Senior Center will offer an Alzheimer’s caregiver training Wednesday at 2 p.m. More information available from the senior center at 910-572-4464.
– The Montgomery County Public Library continues its summer series for kids with a Nigerian festival Tuesday at 10 a.m. at the Biscoe Community Center. Other programs will be held Wednesday at Troy Elementary School and Thursday in Biscoe.
– The North Carolina Sales Tax Holiday is next weekend. No sales tax will be charged on a variety of back-to-school items, up to a specific total in each of several categories. The three-day tax-free holiday is next Friday, Saturday and Sunday across the state.
See details of these and other events — and add you own — from the Community Calendar link on this page, or call us at 1-855-881-9684.
The community calendar is heard at about half past the hour Saturdays and Sundays on Community Radio WMTG. Listen to us at 88.1 FM in and near Mount Gilead, on the web at http://www.wmtg.org, and with the TuneIn mobile app.