Here are some things we’re talking about on the air today…
- More travel expected this Labor Day weekend
- Seaboard Trail Guided Tour to be offered at Hamlet Depot
– It’s farmers market day in Troy. The market will be open from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. today on N. Main St. in Troy.
– The American Red Cross blood drive will be in the county tomorrow. The Star Halcyon Women’s Club will host the blood drive Friday from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Municipal Building in Star.
– Remember, schools will be out Monday for Labor Day. Also, most government offices, post offices, banks and credit unions will be closed. Of course, emergency services remain available at 911, and after-hours situations involving town and county utilities can be reported around-the-clock at 910-572-1313.
– The Mount Gilead TRUTH Committee usually meets on the first Monday of the month, but the group will not meet on Labor Day. Instead, the meeting will be held Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church in Mount Gilead. All interested persons in town are invited to attend.
Do you have a local news tip? Is your church, school or community organization planning an event? Let us know from the “send news” tab at the top of the page, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-WMTG (9684).