Here are some items of local interest we’re talking about today…
– It’s market day for the Montgomery County Farmers Market, with local meats, vegetables, crafts and other items. The farmers market is open Thursdays from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. on N. Main St. in Troy.
– Also in Troy, a classic car cruise-in is scheduled to run from 5 to 8 p.m. this evening. The DJ for the event is Gary Smith, host of “G. Money’s Beach Party” on WMTG.
– Early registration ends tomorrow for the Smokin’ Pig 5K, set for Oct. 12 and sponsored by the Mount Gilead Fire Department, which will also have its fall barbecue that day. Information about signing up for the 5K is available from town hall at 439-5111.
– Norwood Elementary School will host the Norwood School centennial celebration this weekend. The public gathering is set for Saturday at 1 p.m. in the school gym. All former Norwood School students of every era are encouraged to come and wear school or class colors. The Norwood PTO will also have a barbecue starting at 11 a.m. Saturday.
– The Best of Badin festival starts tomorrow evening and runs through Saturday.. Also this Saturday, the Town of Seagrove will celebrate its 100-year anniversary with a day of activities and entertainment.
– Highland Community Center and the Friends in Focus will host a free movie event tomorrow night. The film is about Jackie Robinson, the celebrated baseball player who was the first African American to play in the major leagues. The film will start tomorrow at 7 p.m. at Highland Community Center, and everyone is invited.
See more on the WMTG Community Calendar.