Here’s information on several events we’re talking about today on WMTG…
– Tomorrow is the second annual “Dogs Day” at Town Creek Indian Mound. Staff at the state historic site near Mount Gilead say the event will feature a fair-like atmosphere, with dog-friendly vendors and presenters and fun activities for children. The day will start with the “K-9 5K Fun Run and Dog Walk”, and runners are encouraged to bring their dogs. Organizers expect representatives from the Carolina Dog Rescue and Conservation Project and the Montgomery County Humane Society, as well as local pet groomers. Pre-registration and a participation fee are required for the 5K, while the other “Dogs Day” events are free and open to the public. The site will be open regular hours tomorrow, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and more information is available at 910-439-6802 or online at towncreekindianmound.com.
– The Town of Candor will host a classic car cruise-in Saturday. The event is set for 2 to 7 p.m. at Fitzgerald Park, and there will be cars, games, live music and kids activities. Everyone is invited.
– The Cedar Plantation in Troy will host a Christian hip-hop event this weekend. .. The free concert will feature Mr. GP, T-Shep and B-Love, and it is set to start Saturday night at 7. The Cedar bills the concert as a “family friendly event”, and everyone is invited. The Cedar is at 518 N. Main St. in Troy.
– The Passin’ Thru Bluegrass Band will play this weekend at the Mount Gilead Music Barn. Showtime is Saturday night at 7:30.
– West Montgomery High School’s varsity football team has a break in its schedule this week. There is no game tonight, and the Warriors will host Union Academy next Friday night.
– Mount Gilead’s municipal candidates are being invited to make presentations to the public in a program set for Thu., Oct. 17. The Mount Gilead Concerned Citizens is planning the event, and a venue and time will be announced in the coming days.
See more events and submit your own information from our online Community Calendar. Hear the latest updates on WMTG at 88.1 FM in Mount Gilead, online at wmtg.org, and with the TuneIn mobile app.