Here’s information on several music programs, parades and other events coming up in the area…
– The Mount Gilead Community Choir is making final preparations for its 19th annual Christmas concert, set for 3 p.m. Sunday in the Sanctuary of First Presbyterian Church on N. Main St. The choir is comprised of about 25 local singers and is accompanied this season by Amanda Lewis Harper, formerly of Troy. There is no admission charge for the concert, and non-perishable foods will be collected for the Mount Gilead Food Pantry.
– Also Sunday, the Mount Gilead Museum will host an open house with refreshments starting at 4 p.m.
– At 5 p.m. Sunday, the Mount Gilead Museum will be the site for the administration of the oath of office to Mount Gilead’s returning Mayor Earl Poplin, and recently-reelected Town Commissioners Tim McAuley and Branson Webb.
– The Mount Gilead Christmas parade will be held Sat., Dec. 7, at 2 p.m. Information and entry registration are available at 910-439-0017.
– The Star Christmas parade is set for 2 p.m. on Sat., Dec. 14. Entries in the Star parade are first come, first served, and more information is available at 910-428-4566.
– Trinity Music Academy presents “Christmas with the Chandleys”, Tue., Dec. 3, at 7 p.m., at Trinity United Methodist Church on Russell St. in Troy. Tickets will be available at the door, and more information is available at 910-576-8742.
– The Coats for Kids effort continues across the county. Here in Mount Gilead, the Concerned Citizens and fire department are coordinating the project. Coats can be dropped off at Town Hall during regular operating hours.
– Blue Mountain bluegrass band will play at the Mount Gilead Music Barn this weekend. Showtime is 7:30 tomorrow night at the venue on N. Main St.
See event details and add your own from the Community Calendar link on our home page at wmtg.org, or call toll-free 1-855-881-9684.