• Highland Community Center will have a bake sale tomorrow (Sat.) in front of Food King in Mount Gilead.
• There will be a Zumbathon to support the American Heart Association Saturday at the Haywood Event Center in Mount Gilead. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to wear red in support of heart health. The Zumbathon will start tomorrow at 10 a.m., and no preregistration is necessary. More information is available from Chanel Brewington at 910-220-1435.
• Also on Saturday, Blackmer Lodge in Mount Gilead will host its first-ever “Uwharrie Mountain Rumble”, a motorcycle poker run with stops at Eldorado, Asheboro, Pisgah Covered Bridge and Denson’s Creek Recreation Complex in Troy. Information and registration are available from Ben Wallace at 910-572-7678.
• Saturday night, the Hyssongs will be in concert at First United Methodist Church in Mount Gilead. The program will start tomorrow night at 7, and there is an optional covered dish meal at 5:30.
• The Trinity Music Academy orchestra and chorus will present Haydn’s “Creation” Saturday night at 7 at Trinity United Methodist Church in Troy.
• Thickety Creek Bluegrass will play at the Mount Gilead Music Barn this weekend. Showtime is Saturday night at 7:30. More information at http://www.mgmusicbarn.com.
• “Town Creek Under the Stars” will offer views of Mars and the Hyades star cluster Saturday night. Astronomers of all experience levels are invited to the event, tomorrow night from 8 to 10 p.m. at Town Creek Indian Mound State Historic Site east of Mount Gilead. Details at 439-6802, or online at http://www.towncreekindianmound.com.
• Competition continues through Sunday in the Fork Horse Trials, an annual equestrian event at the Fork Farm and Stables south of Norwood. The public is welcome, and more information is available at 704-474-4052 or online at http://www.forkstables.com.
What is your church, school or non-profit organization doing? Click here to let us know online, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-WMTG (9684).