• Highland Community Center hosts a bake sale today in front of Food King in Mount Gilead. All proceeds benefit programs and projects at Highland.
• The first-ever “Uwharrie Mountain Rumble” motorcycle poker run will start at noon at Blackmer Lodge in Mount Gilead. Information at 910-571-2673.
• A Zumbathon to support the American Heart Association will start at 10 this morning at the Haywood Event Center in Mount Gilead. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to wear red in support of heart health. No preregistration is necessary, and details are available at 910-220-1435.
• Off-road enthusiasts gather today for the third annual Uwharrie OHV Jamboree. The ticketed event is at the off-road training center on Hwy. 109 N. near Eldorado. Information online at http://www.uortc.com.
• Southern Gospel artists The Hyssongs will be in concert tonight at First United Methodist Church in Mount Gilead. The program will start at 7 this evening, and there is an optional covered dish meal at 5:30.
• Trinity Music Academy orchestra and chorus will present Haydn’s “Creation” tonight at 7 at Trinity United Methodist Church, N. Russell St., Troy.
• Thickety Creek Bluegrass will play at the Mount Gilead Music Barn tonight. Showtime is 7:30. Information at http://www.mgmusicbarn.com.
• “Town Creek Under the Stars” welcomes astronomers of all experience levels, tonight from 8 to 10 p.m. at Town Creek Indian Mound State Historic Site east of Mount Gilead. Details at 910-439-6802, or online at http://www.towncreekindianmound.com.
• Competition continues today and tomorrow in the Fork Horse Trials, an annual equestrian event at the Fork Farm and Stables south of Norwood. The public is welcome, and more information is available at 704-474-4052 or online at http://www.forkstables.com.
Click here to share your event details, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-9684.