Here are some of the things we’re talking about today on WMTG…
– A community Easter Sunrise service will be held tomorrow morning (Apr. 20) at 7 at Sharon Cemetery on Hwy. 731 just east of Mount Gilead. The service is sponsored by First Presbyterian, First United Methodist and First Baptist Churches, with breakfast following at First Baptist Church. In the event of rain, the service will be at First Baptist. WMTG will air a delayed broadcast of the Easter sunrise service tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.
– The Norwood Arbor Day Festival is coming up next week. Music, food, kids activities and vendors are part of the festival, which also includes a car show and a barbecue on Saturday. Details at http://www.norwoodnc.com or 704-474-3416.
– Morrow Mountain State Park will host a butterfly hike next Sat., Apr. 26, at 10 a.m. The 90-minute walk will provide butterfly viewing and learning opportunities. Advance registration is requested at 704-982-4402.
– Also next Saturday (Apr. 26), the Uwharrie Volunteer Fire Department will have a barbecue, noon to 7 p.m. at the fire station in Uwharrie.
Looking a little farther ahead…
– Mount Gilead’s annual May Day celebration will be Sat., May 3, with an 8 a.m. walkathon, a 10 a.m. parade through town, and activities all day at Highland Community Center. All are invited, and more information is available at 910-439-4703.
– STARworks will host its annual FireFest, May 2 through 4 at their facility on Russell Dr. in Star. More information is available online at http://www.starworksnc.org, or by phone at 910-428-9001.
See and share event details from our home page at http://www.wmtg.org, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-9684. The community calendar is heard at about half past the hour, Saturdays and Sundays on Community Radio WMTG – 88.1 FM in Mount Gilead, online at http://www.wmtg.org, and with the TuneIn mobile app.