There are lots of things going on in the area today…
– Friends of Uwharrie will have a trail workday today in the Uwharrie National Forest. Volunteers should meet at 9 a.m. at the Hunt Camp. Information at http://www.friendsofuwharrie.org.
– The Uwharrie Mountain Jamboree, a family-friendly event for off-road enthusiasts, starting at 9 a.m. and running all day at the Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center, across from the Eldorado Outpost on Hwy. 109 North. All are invited, and details are online at http://www.uwharriejamboree.com
– It’s International Archaeology Day, and Town Creek Indian Mound will celebrate with demonstrations and hands-on activities for all ages, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the State Historic Site, just east of Mount Gilead. Details at 910-439-6802, or http://www.towncreekindianmound.com.
– There will be a benefit for David Hurley, including a hamburger and hot dog supper, Thickety Creek Bluegrass, and an auction, 5 to 7 p.m. today at the Ag Center on Glen Rd. in Troy.
– A chicken and dumpling supper, live music and an auction will be held 5 to 7 p.m. at the Little River Community Center on Okeewemee Rd. Proceeds go toward upkeep of the building.
– Trinity Music Academy will host Sophia Pavlenko & Friends in concert tonight at 7 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church in Troy. Information at 910-572-2583.
– The Cedar Plantation will host Broken Yesterday and JayWill live in concert tonight. Doors will open at 6 p.m. Saturday for the all-ages event at 518 N. Main St. in Troy.
– Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver will be in concert tonight at the Garner Center in Troy. The show will start at 7 p.m., and information is available at 704-985-6987.
– The Movin’ On bluegrass band will play tonight at the Mount Gilead Music Barn. Showtime is 7:30, and details are online at http://www.mgmusicbarn.com.
See and share event details from our Community Calendar page, or call us toll-free at 1-855-881-WMTG (9684). We also air the calendar at about half past the hour at 88.1 FM in Mount Gilead, or listen online at http://www.wmtg.org and with the TuneIn mobile app.