• The Town of Star will have its Christmas decoration lighting celebration Sat., Nov. 29. The festivities will start at 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall on S. Main St. in Star, and there will be refreshments and live music until 7:30 p.m.
• The Montgomery Community College pottery program will have its popular “Sleigh Full of Clay” sale Dec. 1-3. This is the ninth year for the sale, where many local folks shop for handmade pottery items to give as gifts. Hours are Monday, noon to 4, Tuesday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Wednesday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the MCC Page St. campus in Troy. Information is available at 910-576-6222.
• The annual STARworks glass ornament sale will feature handblown creations from local artists, Sat., Dec. 6, 10 a.m. to 12 noon, at the facility on Russell Dr. in Star. Details at 910-428-9001 or online at http://www.starworksnc.org.
• Mount Gilead’s Winter Festival is set for Sat., Dec. 6. The first-ever Jingle Bell Dash 5K run and walk will kick off the day at 10 a.m., followed by live music, vendors and other entertainment will at 11 a.m. along Main St., then the annual Mount Gilead Christmas parade will begin at 2 p.m. 5K information and registration are available from the Chamber of Commerce at 910-572-4300. Details on the festival and parade are available at 910-439-0017.
• Mount Gilead Community Choir will present “Together for Christmas” Sun., Dec. 7, at 3 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. This is the choir’s 20th annual program. There is no admission charge, and non-perishable items will be collected for the Mount Gilead Food Pantry.
• Hamer Creek Baptist Church is taking seating reservations for its upcoming Christmas program, called “A Town’s Christmas”. Two performances will be presented, Dec. 7 and 14 at 6 p.m. There is no admission charge, but reserved seating is available by calling 910-439-4595.
—What is your church, community group or non-profit organization doing? Let us know at 1-855-881-9684, or drop us a line from the “Send News” link at the top of the page.